Dangote Sugar Business Overview
To deliver consistently good returns to our shareholders by selling high-quality products at affordable prices, backed by excellent customer service.
To satisfy market demand by producing the very best refined granulated sugar using exceptional resources and processes that comply with international standards and industry best practices
To help Nigeria achieve self-sufficiency in sugar production by moving from importation and refining to creating integrated sugar production estates across various locations in the country.
To provide economic benefits to local communities through direct and indirect employment.
- Customer Service
- To Move from port-based refining to fully integrated sugar production within Nigeria, thereby helping Nigeria to achieve self-sufficiency in sugar production
- To develop, the capacity to produce 1.5 million tonnes of sugar annually within the next 5-10 years, from more than 150,000 hectares of locally grown cane at existing and new plantations
- Create more than 100,000 new employment opportunities, and maximize the extended value chain in sugar production by using by-products for the production of fuel ethanol, animal feeds, in-house electricity and to supply surplus power to the national grid
- Develop a significant export market for our sugar products
- Iconic Nigerian consumer brand with market recognition.
- Clearly defined Strategy to maintain leadership position in the Domestic and Regional Markets
- Largest Sugar Refinery Sub Saharan Africa
- The largest distribution network in Nigeria with over 450 haulage trucks
- Dynamic management team with significant industry experience